Friday, May 18, 2007

My favorite line from a novel comes at the end of 'The Power and the Glory.' The Whiskey Priest says, roughly, 'at the end of your life, nothing matters but to have been a saint. And it wouldn't have been so hard. All it would take is a little bit of courage and self-control.'

I really believe that, and I really identify with the whiskey priest. (I prefer scotch, but nowadays I'm not drinking at all).

When I talk with people about my difficulties sharing Christ, and not just with non-believers, people often advise me about tactics. (say "this" or don't say "that"). But my problem isn't tactics. What I need is guts. Courage. A little bit of self-control to keep my knees from knocking.

I would love it if you'd pray for me in that regard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.